To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Advice?1) M 35mms & 2) PMC exposure settings
From: LeicaSM@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 16:19:15 -0500

Hello fellow Leica users!
Some advice would be greatly appreciated.  Would like to acquire a 35mm lens
for my trusty M3. A 35mm/2 Summicron RF/M3 immediately comes to mind I know,
but cost makes me balk.  What about the 35mm/2.8 Summaron RF/M3 vs the
35mm/3.5 Summaron RF/M3.  Cost is similar, how about the optics?  Obviously
speed is better on the f2.8, are the optics comparable?  I seem to remember a
rave review a few weeks ago on this list about the f3.5, however.  Any help
would be appreciated.
Also, I love shooting with Kodak VPS.  Wonderful for portraits! Was not a big
fan of VPH, but decided to try the newer PMC for a faster film.  Just got the
prints back from the lab - YUK!  Metered with my Gossen set on 400ASA using
my trusty grey card, (always right on with VPS set at 125 to 160ASA) the
prints are way underexposed and grainy beyond belief.  Big disappointment!
 What have other folks using PMC found to be an accurate exposure setting?
320? 200? Thank you in advance for your help!  Patrick Markham