To: Leica List <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: 35 vs. 50 summicrons
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 10:19:40 PST

** Reply to note from jredfern@intacc.net 12/11/95  8:50pm -0500
> Wide angles are trickier to use but when used well produce a much more
> "dynamic" composition, allowing greater use of leader lines. IMHO the
> longer lenses are dull by comparaison. The restricted angle of view allows
> for a more selective and leisurely "pick and shoot" mentality but the end
> result is nearly invariably a compressed 2 dimensional stamper of a shot.

Whoa, pardner. That's the problem with discussions like this. No lens is
boring. I've been boring pictures taken with 1200mm lenses, and 15mm lenses.
Cartier-Bresson took dynamic pictures on a regular basis with a 50. Again, no
lens is boring, only photographers are boring.

Regards,

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR