To: Leica List <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: 35 vs. 50 summicrons
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 10:19:48 PST

** Reply to note from DFeldman@aol.com 12/13/95 12:38am -0500
>  I am definetly more comfortable with a 50mm
> since that is what I have been using. However, lately I have wanted to step
> back further, especially with indoor shots. Also, I think the larger depth of
> field would be useful. So I am undecided.

That being said, I'd go with the 35 Summicron first, and then get a 50.  You
won't find the 35 making you uncomfortable. It's about as easy to use as a 50.

But then, as a great photographer once said: "It's the easiest thing in the world
to take a picture. It's one of the hardest things to do to make a good one."

Regards,

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR