To: Leica List <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Buying a M6
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 01:09:42 PST

** Reply to note from DFeldman@aol.com 12/02/95 01:21am -0500
> Has anyone purchased a used camera mail order? Has anyone had a particularly
> good experience with one of these companies?

Yes, I just bought the same combination this summer from Tamarkin. He was great! I
paid $1795 for the mint- body. It was $100 more than the black one, becaues it was
a panda version. That's chrome with black rewind and advance knobs and shutter
speed dial. They were only in production for about three months. Plus I got a real
collector's ser. # - 177277, not that I care since I'm a professional user. The 35
Summicron was $850, but it was mint, very nice. You can find Ex+ for less.

They are hard to come by, especially since the price increase last spring. Leica
has never he problems selling all of their new M6s, so the used stuff is in big
demand, and it seems the demand is growing, so grab one fast.

The other Leica dealer I trust is Chattern. Also in Shutterbug. Del's in Santa
Barbara is a bit pricey at times, but they some times have a Leica piece or two
that might be a good deal. At least they're honest, if not cheap.

Regards,

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR