To: Leica List <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Re: Development Times
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 09:49:58 PST

** Reply to note from Francesco Ricci <ricci@irst.it> 11/03/95 11:41am +0100
>  The speed for the first two rolls, developed in 500ml, is ISO400, but
> I've found that after you should also pull to 320 or 200 ISO.
> The details in the shadow are wonderful.

Interesting. I've always read about Tentenal in Leica Photography. Seems to be
very popular with European photographers. I've never tried it, because I can't
find it here in the boonies of Oregon.

I personally don't like using developer more than once. I like the one-shot
method. Though I did used to like to use Acufine. But with that and
replenishment, you didn't have to change development times. You just added a
little replenisher and the developer lasted indefinitely. In fact, after some
"seasoning" the developer took on a very nice character. If I were using Tri-X
still, I'd probably use that for my personal work. But I process T-Max 400 in a
Wing-Lynch rotary processor and the results are wonderful. Absolute even
development, and perfect repeatability. That's with Press Maxx Developer. If I
didn't hate Jobos so much, I'd recommend them. A Wing Lynch costs about
$10,000. Glad I work as a photographer. :-)

Regards,

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR