To: ewelch@gp.magick.net
Subject: Re: Re: Minolta 28/2.8 M lens
From: Francesco Ricci <ricci@irst.it>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 11:41:49 +0100 (MET)
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

> people are afraid to reduce development times to less than what's
> recommended in the directions that come with the film. For example, TMax 400
> with Tmax developer at 75 degrees I believe is recommended to be developed
> for 6 or 6.5 minutes. I have used 5.5 minutes for so long that I can't
> remember the recommended time. And 4.5 minutes at ISO 200 to pull the film
> in contrasty light. At the University of Missouri, I used to shoot football

Me too normally reduce develope time. I've found suberb results with
Ultrafin Plus (Tetenal). The recommended time is 7.5 but I usually develope
at 6. The speed for the first two rolls, developed in 500ml, is ISO400, but
I've found that after you should also pull to 320 or 200 ISO.
The details in the shadow are wonderful.

Francesco

Francesco Ricci, IRST, Loc. Pante' di Povo, 38050 Trento, Italy
Tel: ++39-461-314334, Fax: ++39-461-302040, email: ricci@irst.itc.it
WWW   http://mnemosyne.itc.it:1024/ricci