To: kino@netcom.com, Leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Summicron 40mm C Lens
From: Barrett_Bill/web_media@webster2.websteruniv.edu
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 95 17:13:39 -0500

Item Subject: Message text
> I'm also curious about the Minolta 28mm CLE lens and how it compares
to the Leitz 28mm 2.8 Elmarit.   Also, has anyone tried using the Leitz
28mm on the CLE (recent models are supposed to fit, though the hood is
said to interfere with the rangefinder).

Michael,
I have a Minolta 28 2.8 that I got new just before they were
discontinued.  I've been using it for years on my M-series cameras, and
love it.  It's half the weight and size of the Leitz lens (and was a
nice fraction of the price too).  The one I have is very sharp (and a
Leitz wizard who looked at it congratulated me, so I'm happy).  I did
take it to a repair place to modify the pin that clicks in the correct
viewfinder, and now that works perfectly too.

Bill Barrett
Media Communications
Webster University
St. Louis