To: leica-users
Subject: light meters
From: lytle@noao.edu (Dyer Lytle CCS)
Date: Mon, 11 May 92 09:55:45 MST

Brian Reid writes:

>I'm curious about what kind of light meters you old-camera users like to use.
> So what light meters do you all use?

I currently use a Weston Master V and used to use a Weston Master II until
I broke the glass.  Sometimes I don't use a meter at all (when I am outside
in daylight).  I use the Weston meters because I can get them inexpensively,
(~$5 usually) and the battery never runs down ;-).  I use the Weston like a
spotmeter although this often requires quite a bit of walking :-).

I would like to use a Pentax Digital Spotmeter but they cost a lot and that
money could be better spent buying film/paper/chemistry/mat board/frames/etc.
(IMHO)

 -Dyer Lytle