To: leica-users, reid
From: lytle@noao.edu (Dyer Lytle CCS)
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 92 10:56:36 MST

Brian and other Leica users,

Somewhere, I have a little metal folding template for cutting film
leaders for screw mount Leica cameras.  It has two metal plates attached
together with a hinge that you open, place the end of the film in,
close, and then trim the film with scissors or a razor.  I inherited
my Leica set up from my father and have no idea where he got this
little tool (I don't remember weather or not it says Leitz on it).

Since I haven't been able to find this gadget recently I just trim the
leader back to 20 sprocket holes (modern films are trimmed to 10 sprocket
holes) with scissors.  (I still don't like loading these things!)

On another subject...

If anyone could please suggest a very good place to have screw mount
Leica camera bodies repaired (new beamsplitter, new curtains, etc.)
I would appreciate it.

 -Dyer

Dyer Lytle, National Optical Astronomy Observatories, Tucson, AZ, 602-323-4136
Internet: lytle@noao.edu        SPAN: NOAO::LYTLE (NOAO=5355)
-
"The goal of civilization is settled life and the achievement of luxury.
But there is a limit which cannot be overstepped. When prosperity and luxury
come to a people, they are followed by excessive consumption and extravagance.
With that the human soul itself is undermined both in its worldly well-being
and in its spiritual life."
-
-                       the Arab, Ibn Khaldun, greatest of all historians