To: leica-users
Subject: Re: Summicronicles
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 92 21:31:46 PDT
Cc: reid

Hmm. My 90mm Elmar (with IMARECT finder) is far and away the best lens I
have ever owned. About 10 years ago I sent it back to Leitz for
renovation; they seem to have re-glued it and re-coated it. At this
point I almost can't bear to use anything else. My 50mm Elmar is a dog;
I lost my 50mm Summicron to a thief a long time ago and can't bring
myself to spend the money on a new one because the 90mm Elmar is so
great.

Just today I went to a major "Performance Art" event in San Francisco
(a rare daytime show by Survival Research Laboratories). I took only
the IIIf with 90mm Elmar. I think I got some great pictures. They're
drying now; I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Brian