[Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 11: Three days in France

Peter Dzwig pdzwig at summaventures.com
Sun Mar 26 04:12:59 PDT 2023

Nathan,

like them very much.

Number one reminded me of a similar thing at Blackfriar's station in
London.

If you are ever there go to the back of the main train hall. There is a
wall put up in the 1870s (I think) by the "London CHatham and Dover
Railway" of the destinations that you could reach from there including:
Paris, Warsaw, Berlin, Biarritz and St. Petersburg.

This is one side of it:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/BlackfriarsStation/BlackfriarsStationDestinations001.jpg.html>

These days it's a small commuter line from Kent and parts of Sussex

Peter

PS I have no idea why I don't have a picture of the other side.

On 26/03/2023 07:44, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> I spent 3 rather intense days in France during the 3rd week of March, first a day visiting my uncle Joseph in Le Mans, and then 2 days at the OECD, attending the plenary meeting of the Task Force on Countering Illicit Trade, a body under whose auspices we carry out joint studies of international trade in counterfeit goods (in case you are curious, the latest is here: https://euipo.europa.eu/ohimportal/en/web/observatory/risks-of-illicit-trade-in-counterfeits-to-small-and-medium-sized-firms). So most of the Paris photos are from inside the OECD (or the immediate environs), or taken while walking to the metro station from my hotel. Besides the great view of the Eiffel Tower from the Trocadéro, there are some picturesque garbage piles, a testament to the French propensity to strike, and some dogs having fun in a park. It is all here:

> And as always, comments and critique are welcome and appreciated.
>
> Nathan
>
> Nathan Wajsman
> photo at frozenlight.eu
>
> http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws