[Leica] Friday Follies

Don Dory don.dory at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 03:28:00 PST 2022

Greetings to all.  This set was taken in late December 2021.  You might see
some season specific images.

First is just some stained glass at our favorite vegan restaurant:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/make+coffee.jpg.html

While not paint this neighbor almost directly behind me gets enthusiastic
about the holiday season:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Christmas+extravaganza.jpg.html

While walking in an adjacent neighborhood I found this utility box adorned:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/cultural+appropriation.jpg.html

In another neighborhood this was their seasonal decoration:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/grinch+and.jpg.html

I am putting up this image to demonstrate the weirdness of Austin.   There
has been an ongoing art project on utility poles involving stuffed animals
at bus window height for at least 7 years.  Someone thought that stapling a
film strip to a pole was art?

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/filmstrip+on+utility+pole.jpg.html

Last, for those of you (Ric) who like more mural like graffitti I found
this in a tunnel under a street after climbing through a high chain link
fence.  This artist(s) really didn't want public viewing as it is not
visible unless you are walking the streambed which isn't very walkable:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Lost.jpg.html

All the best.

--
Don