[Leica] Welcome, M11

Jayanand Govindaraj jayanand at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 18:38:51 PST 2022

I have foregone the metal shutter altogether with my New Year gift to
myself, the Nikon Z9! Delivered on 24th December on advance order, the
first day of deliveries in India. I used the logic that if I did not like
it, considering the potentially huge waiting lists all over the world (for
a US#5.5k camera body!), I could always sell it on the secondary market for
what I paid for it.

If you order a Nikon Z9 today, you would be lucky to get delivery before
October 2022. The same is true for the Canon R3 - indicative delivery dates
here in June 2022. Sony has quietly dropped half a dozen models from their
current catalogue, including all their APS-C offerings, trying to optimize
parts to make top of the line bodies . All because of a global chip
shortage, and as far as Canon/Nikon are concerned, the first mirrorless
flagship offering for which there is huge pent up demand.

The M11 will be no different, they are not immune to market forces - those
interested might as well jump in early! If there is a shortage, and you do
not like it, you will be able to flip it at a premium, making a real,
inflation adjusted profit on a camera - a very rare occurrence! 😊

Cheers
Jayanand