[Leica] IMG: my mother's frikadeller

Nathan Wajsman photo at frozenlight.eu
Tue Mar 2 21:19:32 PST 2021

More food added (after all, we eat every day).

“Frikadeller” is a Danish word for meat patties, a distant cousin of hamburgers. In Polish, this dish is called “kotlety mielone” or “ground cutlets”. It is one of the dishes I remember very well from my childhood and adolescence, having watched my mother make them countless times. Now I make them for my wife and daughter, with separate bowls and pans since my daughter does not eat meat, so I use a soy-based ground beef substitute for her. But here is an image of the real thing, made with 50/50 ground beef and ground pork:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Cooking-in-confinement/i-zR4b5FT/A
and here is the recipe:
https://nathansmusings.files.wordpress.com/2021/03/babcias-frikadeller.pdf
I call them like this because “babcia” means “grandmother” in Polish, and this is how my children (who otherwise do not speak Polish) called my mother.

At a risk of getting laughed off the list by Sonny, here is my Cajun-style blackened hake:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Cooking-in-confinement/i-cP7rMTr/A

All the recipes are here: https://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/cooking-in-confinement/

This cooking in confinement project was started almost a year ago, on St. Patrick’s Day in 2020. It looks to continue, because while restaurants have re-opened as of this week, it is only outdoors and only until 6 p.m., so no going out for dinner. In the evening, takeout is the only option, so our Friday pizza is still available.

Bon appétit!

Alicante, Spain
PICTURE OF THE WEEK: http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws <http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws>Blog: http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/ <http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

Cycling: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator <http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"