[Leica] Nathan's PAD 9/1/2021: Filomena

Nathan Wajsman photo at frozenlight.eu
Sun Jan 10 01:20:21 PST 2021

Filomena is the name given to the winter storm that has blanketed most of the Iberian peninsula with snow, shut down Madrid airport and all the high-speed train lines except the coastal route Alicante-Valencia-Barcelona, killed four people so far, and gave us a new temperature record for this peninsula, -34C somewhere in the Pyrenees in the north.

But here on the coast, we just have wind, rain, and general nastiness, but the temperatures are still in double digits (C) during the day. But the snow is not far away; the mountains to the north and west where I usually cycle now look like this when seen from our beach. As the crow flies, the distance to those mountains is about 30 km, the view is somewhat compressed by the 230 mm lens on a Fuji X-T2 camera. The buildings in the foreground are the centre of El Campello:

https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-vdpw778/A

Alicante, Spain
PICTURE OF THE WEEK: http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws <http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws>Blog: http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/ <http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

Cycling: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator <http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"