[Leica] IMG: Zagreb

Peter Dzwig pdzwig at summaventures.com
Sun Mar 15 06:15:28 PDT 2020

Really interesting. It's a hotch-potch of Modern, Slav, Mediterranean,
Germanic, even some Turkish and did I spot the odd Fraternal Gift From
The Peace-Loving People of...?. Fascinating, but then of course that is
what the southern part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire always was.

Can't say I like the modern art much, but The Museum of Broken
Relationships is very funny.

Thanks for posting,

Peter

On 14/03/2020 15:43, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> It has been a while since I last posted, a couple of weeks I guess. I have been busy at work this week, and last week I was in Zagreb most of the week, my first ever visit to Croatia. As always, I enjoyed visiting a new place. As is the case in other former Communist cities I have visited recently (Sofia, Bratislava, now Zagreb), it is curious mix of old and new, and the social divisions are quite visible as well. I was there for work, so time for sight-seeing was limited, but I did manage to set aside enough time to get a feel for the city and on the last afternoon, to visit a fantastic modern art museum. And now I have finished processing the pics and have uploaded the gallery:
>
> http://www.frozenlight.eu/zagreb_march2020/
>
> On my way home I flew via Amsterdam and have enough time during the layover to go into the city centre; that will be my forthcoming travel gallery, and sadly, likely to be the last in several months due to the damn corona virus. Spain is now under a state of emergency, and as of Monday morning, only people going to work (those who cannot telework), food shopping, pharmacy and medical facilities will be allowed on public roads. Strictly speaking, even my bicycle rides will be forbidden. For now, this will be for 2 weeks, during which I will be working at home.

> Nathan
>
> Nathan Wajsman
>
> Alicante, Spain
> PICTURE OF THE WEEK: http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws <http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws>Blog: http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/ <http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>
>
> Cycling: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator <http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator>
>
> YNWA
>
> "I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"

Dr. Peter Dzwig