[Leica] Comparing portraits with Noctilux Monochrom and film

Lluis Ripoll lluisripollphotography at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 09:08:22 PST 2020

Hi all,

Thank you very much for looking and for your interesting comments, I think firtsly we we have consider we are watching an image in a Monitor, not printed. The digital images looks clean and even generally better in a montor than a image from film. Right now I would like compare these images once printed, everyone according his own media, I think that for my preferences I would like more the darkroom image, these are simply different, and finally is a personal choose.  The Monochrom is able to give great images but actually I’m not printing any more inkjet, I work in the darkroom and I like better the rendition I obtain with wet prints than laserjet prints,  in my opinion the monitor don’t give an exact idea about how will be the image once printed, generally I do my copies with Ilford FB Variocontrast 11x14 paper, enlarging with the technique of  Split Grade,  it can give IMHO a larger tonality and manage better the contrast than with traditional filters. About the cost, this is a diffrent discussion.

Cheers
Lluis