[Leica] Comparing portraits with Noctilux Monochrom and film

John McMaster john at mcmaster.co.uk
Tue Feb 25 02:27:16 PST 2020

It depends on what you want to do with them, at web size little difference but at A3 and larger.....

The Monochrom image is lower contrast, bump that up a bit and see how it looks.

Try the Monochrom at 5000 ISO (with ND if needed)....

I think you get better looking results with the Monochrom, the film images are too contrasty.  The Monochrom was the first camera that I had that bettered the tonality of medium format film.

john