[Leica] Images of the confinement

Nathan Wajsman photo at frozenlight.eu
Thu Apr 30 11:57:20 PDT 2020

Ha!

We are still in confinement tomorrow, so no going on the barricades to sing Internationale on Labour Day.

As from Saturday, we are allowed to go out—finally! After 7 weeks. But the outings are regulated. For me, at 59, the allowable time windows to go for walks or cycling are from 6 to 10 and from 20 to 23. No limit on how many km I cycle, but I have to stay within my municipality. This means in practice that I cannot go all the way to Aigues or Busot but I can get to within 2-3 km of the towns, and still do a decent ride of 40-50 km. So OK. So my plan on Saturday morning is to get up at 5, go for a walk on the beach at 6, and then get on my bike around 8 to ride for a couple of hours.

The other hours are reserved for senior citizens (10-12 and 19-20) and parents with children under 14 (12-19). The idea is to ensure that no crowds form on the beach promenade (swimming is still forbidden but you can walk in the sand).

Outside the allowed time windows I can go shopping for food and to the pharmacy etc.

Of course I would like to have more freedom but I understand the need for the restrictions and will comply. Fines of 600-1500 Euro help compliance too ;-)

Alicante, Spain
PICTURE OF THE WEEK: http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws <http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws>Blog: http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/ <http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

Cycling: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator <http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"