[Leica] Street Photography

Douglas Barry imra at iol.ie
Tue Sep 24 06:02:30 PDT 2019

What a lot of guff is swilling around about this term. Pulling a book
down from my shelf, I see "What distinguishes Doisneau's street
photography of the 1940s and 1950s is a capacity for narrative" blah,
blah. This comes from the 1997 Phaidon "The Photo Book". So that puts it
at least 22 years old. I rather suspect the term may be a lot older, but
who cares. English is an embracing and mutable tongue, and who can count
the number of photography terms and movements out there?

Douglas