[Leica] Nathan's PAD 29/3/2019: a bike ride in Sierra Nevada

Nathan Wajsman photo at frozenlight.eu
Fri Mar 29 11:05:11 PDT 2019

Yesterday was my wife’s birthday, and her chosen present was a couple of days skiing in Sierra Nevada, about 400 km from Alicante. It is late in the season but because the slopes are at a high altitude (up to 3500 meters), there is still reasonable snow. I do not ski, so I put my bicycle in the car (one of the few advantages of having a biggish car like my wife’s RAV4) and today I ventured out on the beautiful roads around here. I have never before cycled at such altitudes, and at time when climbing, I could feel that the air is thinner. But the views are incredible, and the sense of accomplishment is satisfying. Four images.

The road between Sierra Nevada and Granada (a distance of some 30 km). I have driven past this spot several times but there is not good place to stop to take a picture. On a bicycle, it is a different matter:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-xnJSqz4/A

This is what I would see when looking to the side:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-v5sLGZk/A

There were quite a few other cyclists out there:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-xHPp6QN/A

I could not resist taking a cheesy selfie:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-B7k7xxt/A

Alicante, Spain
PICTURE OF THE WEEK: http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws <http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws>Blog: http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/ <http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

Cycling: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator <http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator>