[Leica] Nathan's PAD 7/4/2019: Concierto de Samana Santa 2019

Nathan Wajsman photo at frozenlight.eu
Sun Apr 7 22:31:05 PDT 2019

My wife sings in the parents’ choir of the European School of Alicante from which our daughter graduated some years ago. The fact that we no longer have a child at the school does not matter—an amateur choir like this can always use voices. Every year they give a concert in a church somewhere during the weeks leading up to Easter. Last year they sang in a small church in Calpe; but this year they had a really great venue, one of Alicante’s two main churches, the Basílica de Santa María in the centre of the city. Much to my surprise, the church was full for the concert (OK, it was free to attend but still). As a non-singing husband, I my job was to take some pictures, mainly of my wife ;-) and to record the performance using my little Ricoh GRII which does quite decent video, certainly better than a phone.

The four photos I show are focus on the conductor of the choir, Selena. They were taken with a 90mm lens at f2, 1/60 sec. at high ISO, reflecting the marginal light. I experimented with sometimes focusing on Selena, and sometimes on my wife.

A fairly standard conducting image:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-jmFn2xq/A

In action:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-56Zd2Wv/A
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-2dJHHr4/A

Near the climax of the last piece, this time Selena is blutted and my wife is sharp:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-jXVK4j3/A

Alicante, Spain
PICTURE OF THE WEEK: http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws <http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws>Blog: http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/ <http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

Cycling: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator <http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator>