[Leica] Recommendations for film and developing

Nathan Wajsman photo at frozenlight.eu
Sat May 26 22:25:37 PDT 2018

This is of course a question of taste as much as anything else. Lluis and I have recently discussed film choice and have agreed that the classical emulsions like Ilford HP5+ are really worth shooting for tonality and “je ne sais qoui” factor of film. For slower film, I use Fuji Acros—this was also my choice of film back when I was shooting exclusively that, prior to 2008. In fact, most of the same films that were around back  then are still available today.

As for developers, I use ID11+ for most things, and recently I have also experimented with stand development in Rodinal 1:100 and films like Fomapan 400. Lluis uses mostly XTOL which was also my favourite developer back then, but my problem is that the 1 liter size is no longer available, and if I make 5 liters (the only size still available) I will end up wasting most of it. That is why I stick to ID11+ (or D76) for most things, as those are available in 1 liter sizes.

Alicante, Spain
PICTURE OF THE WEEK: http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws <http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws>Blog: http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/ <http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

Cycling: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator <http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator>

YNWA