[Leica] More with the Rolleiflex

Brian Reid reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Wed May 2 19:34:02 PDT 2018

I shot weddings when I was younger. I've done maybe 50.
I always used a Rollei 3.5 loaded with Verichrome Pan 120.
I carried a Leica IIIf as a backup but never needed it at a real
wedding.

120 film meant I didn't need a telephoto because I could do it in the
enlarger.
I always managed to find a way to shoot the whole-family shots without
needing a wide angle.

I borrowed a Rollei modified for 220 once. And the developing spools for
it. You should try loading 8 rolls of 220 into 8 24-exposure Nikkor
spools on a deadline. I got pretty good at loading 120, but 220 remained
a high-stress challenge. There was also the problem of hanging up 220
film to dry. It was close to 2 meters long. 120 remained a good
compromise.