[Leica] More with the Rolleiflex

Mark Rabiner mark at rabinergroup.com
Wed May 2 19:07:10 PDT 2018

I found it amazing that so many photographers of the 50's and 60's when they went out to shoot a job they grabbed their trusty Rolleiflex and out the door.
The whole idea of "lenses" never entered their mind. The lens was on the camera and that was that. Did they even pay attention to the fact that it said it was an 80mm Zeiss or Schneider2.8 on the rim of the lens?
Only way later when Rollei felt they had to compete with all the 35mm shooters did they come out with their funky tele and wide versions. I think most ignored them.
36 on a roll won out over 12.

I did jobs with just a Rolleiflex. Almost never did I think I needed a wide or tele  for a ceratin shot.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer