[Leica] Good News for film lovers

Richard Man richard at imagecraft.com
Thu Jul 26 23:26:53 PDT 2018

Chris, Acros was officially discontinued THIS year, not a couple years ago.
You may be thinking of Neopan 400 and 1600.

Acros is incredibly fine grain and has a very linear response. Kind of like
digital. So you definitely have to "work it" to make it sing.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 9:46 PM, Christopher Crawford <
chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com> wrote:

> Fuji dropped Acros a couple yrs ago. It triggered mass panic buying on
> APUG and from some people on Rangefinderforum. I never liked the stuff, it
> has strange tonality with very flat midtones. Only really good thing about
> it is the lack of reciprocity failure with very long exposures. I've done 5
> minute exposures on it that looked wonderful. Just never liked it in normal
> light!
>

> --
> Chris Crawford
> Fine Art Photography
> Fort Wayne, Indiana
> 260-437-8990

> Like My Work on Facebook
>

> On 7/27/18, 12:11 AM, "LUG on behalf of Nathan Wajsman"
> <lug-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com at leica-users.org on behalf of
> photo at frozenlight.eu> wrote:
>
>     I had no idea it had been discontinued. I do have a sizeable stash of
> it, since I live in a place where I have to buy all my film online, meaning
> in relatively large batches.
>
>     Cheers,
>     Nathan
>
>     Nathan Wajsman
>
>     Alicante, Spain
>     http://www.frozenlight.eu <http://www.frozenlight.eu/>
>     http:// <http://www.greatpix.eu/>www.greatpix.eu
>     PICTURE OF THE WEEK: http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws <
> http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>
>
>     Cycling: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator <
>
>     YNWA

>     > On 27 Jul 2018, at 01:04, Jim Shulman <jshulman at judgecrater.com>
> wrote:
>     >
>     > That would be wonderful!  I shot my last roll of Acros the other
> day, and
>     > would love to see it return.  I also greatly missed Neopan 400 in
> 120,
>     > which disappeared due to environmental problems with the anti static
>     > backing on the film.
>     >
>     > On Thu, Jul 26, 2018, 5:02 PM Lluis Ripoll via LUG <
> lug at leica-users.org>
>     > wrote:
>     >
>     >> <
>     >> https://kosmofoto.com/2018/07/fujifilm-black-and-white-
> acros-neopan-returning/
>     >>>
>     >>
>     >> Saludos cordiales
>     >> LLlluis
>     >>
>     >>
>     >> Leica Users Group.
> information
>     >>
>     >
>     > Leica Users Group.

// richard http://imagecraft.com
Beyond Arduino - When you're ready to get serious...
JumpStart C Tools for Atmel AVR and Cortex-M, The Better Alternative