[Leica] IMG: Aarhus, my hometown, spruced up

Nathan Wajsman photo at frozenlight.eu
Sat Sep 9 23:11:57 PDT 2017

As you know, I spent the last few days of August in Aarhus, my hometown in Denmark. Besides they cycling photos that I already posted, I spent a lot of time just walking around and enjoying the city, alone or with my friend Lars.

One nice thing about visiting Aarhus in late August is Aarhus Festuge, or Aarhus Festival Week. As the name implies, it is week-long event that includes all kinds of installations, exhibitions, performances etc. There is something for everyone, children, adults, high-brow, low-brow. And since this year Aarhus is the European Capital of Culture, the festival was even bigger and better than usual.

Something else I did this time is to try to document shops and other places that I remember from my childhood and adolescence. Aarhus is a very dynamic city, growing and changing—most of the time for the better, but sometimes not.

So, a gallery of images showing various aspects of my town—even though I have not lived in Aarhus since 1983, it is still very much the place where I feel at home:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/aarhus_aug2017/

Alicante, Spain
PICTURE OF THE WEEK: http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws <http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws>Blog: http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/ <http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>
Cycling: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator <http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator>