[Leica] IMGs: Behind the Scene on a Location Photo

Douglas Barry imra at iol.ie
Wed Mar 22 06:20:45 PDT 2017

Well, that worked very well, Alan. While I currently don't have studio
lights, but I used to be the Light Guardian for my camera club for a few
years. That meant I could use them any time, but since I moved house, I
gave them up. Ironically, my son's interest in movie directing has
prompted him to look for them recently, so from the net, I see sets have
dramatically dropped in price.  I must admit I'm tempted.

On portrait lighting, I'd recommend anyone who's interested to consider
Steve Bavister's book -
https://www.amazon.com/Lighting-Portrait-Photography-Steve-Bavister/dp/2940378304
as it does show many examples of lighting set diagrams of classical
portraits by famous photographers.

Douglas