[Leica] Anybody on the list got a drone yet?

Howard L Ritter Jr hlritter at twc.com
Tue Jan 10 11:04:52 PST 2017

My family gave me a Parrot BeBop drone for Christmas. It’s very simple to fly, especially when coupled with the optional hand controller that lets you mount the interface device (your smartphone or tablet up to full-size) above a set of joysticks and has a sophisticated phased-array antenna that will communicate with the drone from a mile or more away. The on-board HD camera transmits its view to the device mounted on the hand controller and gives you a first-person view of the flight. The camera can be swiveled independently of the drone, and will take videos and/or still photos to be stored on your device.

It’s a blast! I’ll post a few photos to the Gallery.

—howard