[Leica] From the Ilford blog - FOR LLUIS

Peter Dzwig pdzwig at summaventures.com
Fri Dec 29 06:47:23 PST 2017

Lluis, Gerry,

On 28/12/2017 22:42, Lluis Ripoll wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Thank you very much for your information and examples. In my opinion Kodak  BW400CN was much better than Ilford, Maybe you have processed differently the dark areas?

All of these are subject to ste amount of post-processing.

> Concerning developping I think I can obtain good developping in C-41, some years ago it was as well excellent places to develop B&W but today is better if you do it yourself  at your  preferences, concerning scanning I’ve never found a professional good service, at least at a reasonable price, I prefer scan my self too, I’m using Vuescan and I scan obtaining DNG files at 16 bit.

The great advantage with C-41 is that any photographic shop that will dev colour
films will deal with them and generally produce usable results. I had one guy
working in a local shop who was a real expert and loved developing for its own
sake.

I used his successor ONCE ONLY because she produced 1 MBit jpegs and said they
were hi-res; even though it was exactly the same machine that the other guy had
used a few days earlier! It was also evident that she had no technical knowledge.

I was paying about €13 for dev3elop and scan.

Peter