[Leica] Curious M10 startup time issue

kyle cassidy on the lug leicaslacker at gmail.com
Tue May 17 08:50:19 PDT 2016

Hola —

So, I got an M. And the startup time on it is SEVEN SECONDS. "Flip switch, mash button, mash button, mash button, mash button, miss photo, swear, turn off camera.” Someone said on like that this was related to the file system used on the SD card — the camera apparently polls the card for some reason before you can take a photo. So I tried switching cards.

32GB 90/mbs/second card — 7 second startup time

64GB 45/mbs/second card — 4 second startup time

So there is some progress, but it’s not intuitive — the slower card starts up faster.

Anybody know if there’s a card that will get the camera’s startup time to “somewhere faster than nearly useless”?

Kyle