[Leica] lens storage solutions (can you ID this case?)

Adam Bridge abridge683 at fastmail.com
Mon Jun 20 09:44:00 PDT 2016

I’m assuming you want a case because you need something portable?

I use a couple of Ikea free-standing cabinets for camera gear and other gear. Equipment is sorted by system. It’s all right there in front of me when I open the frosted-glass doors.

Years ago I had a Halliburton case for my super 8mm camera/lens. The foam degraded and damaged the internal mirror in the camera. I’ve steered away from foam since then.

When I went to Africa last year with two different camera systems I had a big backpack that held lenses, cameras, filters, and my computer. It worked well and was just (barely) inside airline carry-on limits although they are compressing those limits more and more it seems.

It was a think tank airport accelerator. Lots of pockets for various lenses, well padded. The bag lived on buses, safari vehicles, all sorts of transport and nothing was remotely close to damaged.

Adam