[Leica] An impulse purchase that worked out great

Nathan Wajsman photo at frozenlight.eu
Sat Jul 23 17:40:29 PDT 2016

After seeing some really sharp images by Jim Nichols, taken with the Fuji X 27mm lens, I decided to pick one up, taking advantage of a very low price at B&H and the fact that my son was coming over so he could bring it with him, thus bypassing Spanish customs and saving me international shipping. I paid around $300 for it, and after having taken several hundred images with this lens, I have to say that it is the best bargain in photography right. The small size (it is basically a pancake lens) combined with amazing image quality has made it my favorite Fuji lens right now. The only thing I do not like about it is the absence of an old-fashioned aperture ring, so you have to set the aperture using the dial on the camera. But aside from that, this is a lens that I would take to the proverbial desert island.

Alicante, Spain
PICTURE OF THE WEEK: http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws <http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws>Blog: http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/ <http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>
Cycling: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator <http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator>