[Leica] Photo database software suggestions?

kyle cassidy on the LUG leicaslacker at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 08:11:25 PST 2016

Hi Folks —

I have, as you may imagine, 20 some years of photo archives.

Right now I have them broken down by years in folders like:

2001
	2001-01-01 New years day photos
			L0010101.jpg
			L0010102.jpg
	2001-01-02 bigfoot sighting in new hampshire
			L222222.jpg
			L222223.jpg
			L222225.jpg

etc.

I want to have a searchable database that allows me

	a) to add metadata to files and allow me to search that metadata.
	b) automate identification of people through facial recognition or import data like that
	c) allow me to grant varying levels of access to this database to other people (mark
		some directories with different permissions, etc.)
	d) Not vanish in 10 years leaving me with a useless database
	e) have a solution to the fact that I’m going to have dozens of files with the same filename

Cost isn’t an object, but functionally is a must.

Any advice?

Thanks.