[Leica] What would you conclude?

Steve Barbour steve.barbour at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 13:42:42 PST 2016

> On Dec 7, 2016, at 10:30 AM, Doug Herr <wildlightphoto at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> Suppose that 8 months ago you'd sent your most-used lens to Leica for repair (it was dropped, the front rim has a dent and there are tight spots in to focussing ring)
>
> Suppose further that the lens returned yesterday, unprepared due to a lack of parts.
>
> And then suppose you opened the package to find this:
>
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/temp/_DSC4766.jpg
>
> Aside from having sent the lens to bumbling idiots, what would you conclude?

I am not terribly surprised Doug, Leica’s service is outrageously bad  lately. I sent an M9 for sensor replacement two months ago, requested it be returned within a month for a job. I know they saw that request. Now today after two months and more than a dozen calls, e-mails, and texts without a response I got an e-mail which said, “ I put your M9 on a technicians desk this morning with the parts, it will be done in two days.”

And,  I am supposed to feel lucky.

steve.