[Leica] IR sharpness issues

Howard Ritter hlritter at bex.net
Wed Nov 18 06:37:56 PST 2015

I agree, Nathan. The sharpness issue is not terribly important to me either. It’s just that I was immediately struck by how unsharp the IR images were, and puzzled, because they were done at best focus as determined by trial and error.

It’s become a brain-stimulation issue, as Frank said. For me, with a long background in astronomy and an interest in light and optics (as well as photography) from childhood, it’s a neat little problem in physical optics.

But that doesn’t stop me from loving the dramatic landscape alteration of IR imaging!

—howard