[Leica] Critiques

Steve Barbour steve.barbour at gmail.com
Tue May 5 16:55:11 PDT 2015

On May 4, 2015, at 11:32 AM, George Lottermoser <george.imagist at icloud.com> wrote:

> In my opinion Doug Herr is producing a quality of work, with an educated and enlightened vision, which is actually adding to the "History of Photography in the Field of Ornithology." I believe (though I don't know) he may have created some of the best photographs of certain specimens in existence; as in "the one to beat."
>
> Chris Crawford documents deeply and widely in geographic areas and forms a body of work with a powerfully strong personal vision which is almost unmistakable.
>
> Steve has done medical work which stands alone in empathy and intelligence.

thank you George, for remembering these images. I was moved by your mention here, was already thinking of revisiting some of the files of these images of kids. There were many not included through my own time demands and oversight. By your encouragement, that of others, and a nudge from Ted Grant, I will revisit these images. As I'm retired now, have the time, I would love to see some of these kids again, show some photos I've made, visit old favorites, look for images previously ignored. I hope you feel you can support this idea, feel it's not a waste of time.  thanks...

steve