[Leica] IMG: my offspring on Tri-X

Nathan Wajsman photo at frozenlight.eu
Sun Mar 15 10:02:47 PDT 2015

Totally irrationally, I still shoot the occasional roll of 35mm film; and last weekend in London, I finished a roll of Tri-X in my Bessa R2M. Tri-X and a collapsible 50mm Summicron from the early 1950s—doesn’t get much more classical that this!

Despite the excellence of my digital cameras, film still has something “je ne sais quoi”. While my wife was raiding Oxford Street last Sunday, the children and I escaped to a pub in a side street. Both of these images were taken wide open and at slowish shutter speeds:

The first-born:
http://www.greatpix.eu/Other/Sometimes-I-use-film/7590141_5KmXsg#!i=3931714632&k=CjCZfFS&lb=1&s=O

The No. 1 Daughter:
http://www.greatpix.eu/Other/Sometimes-I-use-film/7590141_5KmXsg#!i=3931714642&k=3cGN7Fp&lb=1&s=O