[Leica] Scanner stripes

Nathan Wajsman nwajsman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 23:37:29 PDT 2015

I just developed a roll of Tri-X shot in my Rollei 35. The good news is that the negatives are nice and sharp. The bad news is that when I scan them on my Reflecta RPS 7200 film scanner, I get stripes like these, and a generally unpleasant rendition:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/belgiangator/misc/20150617-TriX_2015_5_2.jpg.html

This scan was produced with Silverfast; in my desperation I downloaded Vuescan (which I otherwise dislike) to see if it would do better, but it doesn’t. Obviously, the fault is not with the negative itself but in the scanner’s interaction with that negative. The only thing I can think of is that this particular frame is quite dense (i.e. over-exposed), and that the scanner simply has difficulties coping with that. Any other ideas?

TIA,

Alicante, Spain
PICTURE OF THE WEEK: http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws <http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws>Blog: http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/ <http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>
Cycling: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator <http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/belgiangator>