[Leica] Go ahead, buy that Leica

Doug Herr wildlightphoto at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 21 19:35:41 PST 2015

Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:

Peter,
I would agree with you with one major financial caveat (I am also a finance professional of over  40 years experience, by the way) - if you can afford it without depriving your family of essentials, without taking a hit on basic savings,  and most importantly, not on borrowed money. If you have any type of short term loan outstanding, pay it off first, it is a much, much better long term deal. Use cheaper tools till you can genuinely afford Leica equipment it without financial strain.
<<<

Mostly agreed.  I'm currently using a cheaper tool but... I'm on the verge of selling my Sony and going without until I save the $$$$ for the SL.  No way am I using a credit card or any other loan of any kind.

The Sony's buttons are too many, too small and too close to each other especially with winter gloves.  Very frustrating to use.  My 500mm lens is also a cheaper tool.  I can tolerate its foibles because its weight and price tag are below my upper tolerance limit.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
http://doug-herr.fineartamerica.com