[Leica] IMGS: Raw Oysters - Gerry

Gerry Walden gerry.walden at icloud.com
Fri Dec 11 11:39:03 PST 2015

There are awesome clams, oysters and crabs from this area, lobsters too, but they can get a better price exporting them into mainland Europe. When I worked as a Health Inspector I issued many an export licence for them, and they were often exported live in large tanks of water on lorries.

One night I was given two live lobsters by one of the exporters, and I telephoned Pat and told her to boil a pan of water ready for me to come home at midnight. Neither of us could bear to boil them alive so I ended up driving back down to the river and releasing them.

Gerry