[Leica] Buying Leica gear from Hong Kong

Frank Filippone red735i at verizon.net
Thu Dec 10 13:58:38 PST 2015

In the US, if you try this with Nikon gear, bought abroad ( not US), you would most likely get the same message and result.

The counterfeiting of a camera body or lens is so difficult, that it is highly unlikely.  The report that the attempted registration was invalid is more likely to be the equivalent of punishment for the user for daring to buy on the world market and try to get future service or support in the users country.  ( Nikon's actual reason...!)

IOW, a very tough tariff punishment from the country agent... not the manufacturer .... and probably does not affect your actual Manufacturer's warranty, from wherever it was purchased.

Leica included......

YMMV

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net