[Leica] OT Mac monitor question

Adam Bridge abridge at mac.com
Mon Aug 24 09:22:01 PDT 2015

After years of faithful service my 30” Apple Cinema Display would no longer properly calibrate. I replaced with with an NEC that’s just terrific and whose calibration is internal to the display.

The one thing I’m grumpy about: Apple still only supports 8 bits of color to the display. I wish that would change because the wide-gamut displays can make use of the extra bits. I gather this is possible in the Windows world but Apple hasn’t made the leap.

If anyone knows how to “fix” this I’d like to know.

Adam