[Leica] More War

George Lottermoser george.imagist at icloud.com
Fri Nov 7 17:03:37 PST 2014

On Nov 6, 2014, at 7:07 PM, Ken Carney wrote:

>  I hope you still have the Dragoon.  It is likely worth several M's (Leica M's).

The Dragoon will be passed on to my daughter… and hopefully her daughter.

It's not an actual vintage piece.
My dad was a tool and die maker at A.O. Smith Corporation.

He built the pistol from raw steel over a number of years.
The engraved serial number is his wedding anniversary.
He hand carved the walnut pistol grips.
So the historical or museum value rests mostly in family memories;
though both he and I have been offered some serious money for piece;
it certainly did not approach several Leica Ms (even at used prices)

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog