[Leica] Leica prices

George Lottermoser george.imagist at icloud.com
Thu Sep 25 06:07:02 PDT 2014

On Sep 25, 2014, at 7:57 AM, Douglas Barry wrote:

> Ahh, Matchless! I had an old AJS 350 single which was basically the same bike with a different badge. Got it running properly and sold it after a week. Pity I didn't keep it.
>
> Anyway, I was flicking through the How To Spend It supplement that comes with the Financial Times and, in addition to a great puff piece for the Leica T(oy) ending the fulsome "but a snapshot of the extraordinary care and talent that have gone into this amazing product", I saw an ad for Matchless clothing featuring a breathlessly pouting, leather clad, and artfully tousled Kate Moss posing in the dust beside a pristine Matchless, and a matching artfully tousled toy boy. Sadly, the coolness quotient shrinks to the minimum when one notices a sidecar is attached to the Matchless....
>
> However, I see a new model Matchless motorcycle is being launched in November, but fear it will just another ill handling American tractor designed for straight lines.

I always lusted after one of those big singles.

Way too "big" for my taste; and love for crooked roads;
<http://www.motorcyclenews.com/mcn/news/newsresults/new-bikes/2014/september/matchless-is-back/>

500cc, 650cc and 750cc always seemed way big enough

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog