[Leica] Leica prices

Douglas Barry imra at iol.ie
Thu Sep 25 05:57:16 PDT 2014

"George Lottermoser" <george.imagist at icloud.com> wrote

> I also drove MG-A, MG-B and Austin Healey in my youth;
> as well as Matchless motorcycles - all of which also stir up emotions -
> I still long for those open road, air in the face experiences to repeat
> themselves
> in silly nostalgic moments.

Ahh, Matchless! I had an old AJS 350 single which was basically the same
bike with a different badge. Got it running properly and sold it after a
week. Pity I didn't keep it.

Anyway, I was flicking through the How To Spend It supplement that comes
with the Financial Times and, in addition to a great puff piece for the
Leica T(oy) ending the fulsome "but a snapshot of the extraordinary care and
talent that have gone into this amazing product", I saw an ad for Matchless
clothing featuring a breathlessly pouting, leather clad, and artfully
tousled Kate Moss posing in the dust beside a pristine Matchless, and a
matching artfully tousled toy boy. Sadly, the coolness quotient shrinks to
the minimum when one notices a sidecar is attached to the Matchless....

However, I see a new model Matchless motorcycle is being launched in
November, but fear it will just another ill handling American tractor
designed for straight lines.

Douglas