Subject: [Leica] leica m possible problems @Henning
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 09:20:15 -0700

Thanks, Mehrdad. I regularly check eyelet attachment and such, but will
check with Leica on this.

In the 70's, when the M4-2 came out, I got one and also a new 35 Summicron.
On a hike in the mountains, the eyelet came out, and the camera and lens
smashed down on rocks with multiple impacts. Leica replaced both immediately.

About 10 years later I had a similar experience with a Nikon FM and an 85/2.
Because I couldn't find all the paperwork for the 85, Nikon refused to
repair/replace it. The FM only got replaced immediately because I was an NPS
member.

Henning