Subject: [Leica] Fwd: Professional use and Professionalism
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 13:55:01 -0500

George Some people think they can get larger format results using slow or
ultra slow films that has not been my experience at all.
My signature film my first several years Panatomic x. from my first pro
darkroom in 1977 to when it the film discontinued in 1987 "replaced" by Tmax
100 which was a joke. I was not tested out for tri x with my developer.
Rabinol.
It didn't come close to what I got when I finally got a Rolleiflex with any
film. Totally blew me away total new ball game. Then a few years later I got
my dream camera a hasselblad.

The first time a I put a print in the Dektol I'd exposed with 4x5 film I
thought the place was fire or someone opened the door behind me.  Also a bit
of an out of body 3d experience. Hugely different ballgame from Brownie
film.sheet film is.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography