Subject: [Leica] international shoot a roll of film day
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 22:13:29 -0500

> so it was pouring rain. but i loaded up the HASSELblad and went out --
> sweet
> barking cheese, 12 frames doesn't last long. i was just getting warmed up
> and
> it was over. hard to focus too. and i'm soaked, my shoes squish when i
> walk.
>
> http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2010/filmday.jpg

Hasselblad has a special "never run out of film" system you just blow 55
bucks on a second back. A change of back happens in a seconds a model you
might be shooting would barely notice. Nor would you.  Meanwhile as you walk
down the street  shooting sombody else loads the other back as they have 12
fames to do it in. My wife did it for 25 years on road trips and weekends.
Or other people. Assistants. Or yourself during a lull.
Much of the beauty of the system is in the backs.
Put different film in the other back or more of the same.
Shoot a Polaroid and then scan it.

My first back was a 220 back. 24 on a roll.
A16 backs are loads of fun as are A16s S stands for for superslide. 16
stands for 645 format.
They turn your 80 into a short tele in effect on top of the shape effects.
All available for just about free at this point.
I paid $555 or twice that.  You get to pay $55.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] international shoot a roll of film day)