Subject: [Leica] How I plan to get my M9 while keeping both kidneys...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 03:00:29 -0400

> I reckon you are right BUT Leica have been forced to roll out this camera
> at a
> very "nasty" time. They need banking "cred" and if the cameras sell well
> then
> they are in the hunt. My guess is that the price reflects a "significant"
> discount to the price they would like to charge, and after the first
> production
> model is over, I would guess the price may actually rise. Of course as they
> develop the M10 there will be secondhand and cheaper cameras on the market,
> but
> it may be a long (by my life expectancy) wait

For the M9 I'm sure they were planning on charging 9999.99 cents.
The M10 should cost a penny more.
And be well worth it.
When it comes out in the year 2525.

A medium format digital Leica rangefinder camera?
I'd start saving for that one too.
A Texas Leica digital.
Same format and CCD as the S2.
They could make a model in which the lens does not come off.
So you'd save money not having to buy other lenses.

Mark William Rabiner